Monday, June 1, 2009

Poetry and Art

I have discovered that many use the forms of poetry or art to express feelings and emotions. I read the Def Poetry Jam book which is based on the poets expressing their feelings in a play just in a poetic way. I like to use art to express my feelings because the shades of colors and shapes help emphasize more on your feelings. For example there was Frida who painted when she had to sit in bed all day because of her accident, or Van Gogh painted mostly realistic paintings with abstract techniques. Many artist paint using either realism or abstract techniques to show people how they see the world or to show emotions. Poetry is very similar except that there is no pictures just words. People express their emotions and feelings through words in a song technique usually rhyming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment